Justice, Equity, Diversity, Inclusion
We prioritise justice, equity, diversity and inclusion because a diversity of experiences and perspectives brings the richness of thought leadership that is needed to build more effective change strategies and more powerful movements.
While we have a long way to go as an organisation, the diversity of our staff continues to increase and we’re committed to the ongoing work of becoming a better workplace for everyone and a stronger ally to wider movements for justice.
To improve our active commitment to building justice, equity, diversity and inclusion (JEDI) into our organisation and programs we:
- Have existing zero tolerance appraoch for discrimination on the basis of race, culture, gender, disability, age or/and sexuality and actively look for ways to challenge structural inequalities across our organisation and as part of our work to change the world.
- Are implementing a JEDI Action Plan that will continue to evolve as we learn and grow.
- Conduct training for our team on to build understanding and awareness of racism, discrimination and unconcscious bias in order to make our workplace more inclusive.
- Aim to actively support First Nations and other Indigenous communities in the places we work. This includes challenging the legacy impacts of colonisation and present-day practices of neocolonialism, including through fossil fuel extraction.
- Continue to explore how our programs can contribute to longer-term efforts to transform underlying structural injustice and how we can be good allies to movements for justice around the world;