Driven by the imperative of climate justice, The Sunrise Project’s mission is to scale social movements to drive the transition from fossil fuels to renewable energy as fast as possible.
How We Work
The Sunrise Project is a network of changemakers who believe in the power of social movements to change the world. From ending slavery to civil rights to women’s suffrage: social movements have achieved impossible things to make the world a better place. Now, more than ever, we need to nurture and scale powerful movements to solve the climate crisis.
Sitting at the intersection of social movements and philanthropy, we’ve developed a ‘directed network’ model that supports networks of people and organisations to work together to achieve large-scale change that wouldn’t have been possible by individual organisations acting alone.
We essentially do six things:
- Analysis to understand the political, social and economic systems driving the climate crisis;
- Strategy design for multi-partner efforts that create systemic change;
- Partner with philanthropy to resource these strategies;
- Fund a diversity of organisations and support them to work together for collective impact;
- Support organisations and movements to sharpen their strategies and build their capacity to achieve real world outcomes; and
- Drive strategic interventions that will hasten the transition beyond fossil fuels.