The Sunrise Project
- Team: Operations
- Grade: Level 5
- Salary: A$79,300 – A$100,300
- Location: Australia (ideally Sydney, Melbourne or Newcastle)
- 11:59pm, 13th Jun 2021 AEST
About The Role
Sunrise works in close partnership with a relatively small number of large, sophisticated foundations in Australia and globally. This collaboration is led by senior strategists who require support to create and project manage proposals and reports as well as managing information flows. This isn’t a typical fundraising role and you won’t be responsible for securing funds. Rather it is an important support role responsible for coordinating the support those senior leaders require in their efforts to amongst other things develop high quality funding proposals, reports, and other donor facing materials and secure administration of all aspects of our donor engagement. To do your job well, you’ll be working closely with our executive team, Program Directors and with some of the largest foundations in the world on the most important moral issues of our time.
This role is one part project managing all of the above and one part pulling together, reviewing and editing proposals and reports.
You may or may not have worked in fundraising but you know a good pitch when you see one. You’re a great writer and communicator, skilled at bringing clear structure to complex narratives and with a knack for making the complicated simple. You’ve got a track record of project managing the production of high quality reports on deadline and are experienced at facilitating the right input at the right time from a wide range of stakeholders. You’re exceptionally well organised with your time and information and are skilled at putting in place information management and administrative systems for others to use. You’re a pro-active organiser of people who is comfortable with wrangling senior staff and working with a high level of autonomy.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of three years relevant experience;
- Excellent editing & writing skills with the ability to organise and present complex information in simple ways;
- Excellent organisational and project management skills;
- Experience developing and implementing efficient and effective systems for managing complex information flows;
- Excellent time management and attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Experience with financial management reporting
- A passion for action on climate change and a commitment to social justice;
- Project manage the production and delivery of compelling funding proposals that clearly articulate complex, multi-dimensional strategies both in written and visual forms;
- Project manage the production of compelling narrative reports that demonstrate the impact of our work as well as financial reports, our annual donor report, and annual review;
- Capture and curate our stories to highlight program and organisational wins so they can be readily shared;
- Coordinate with multiple domestic and international donors with ad hoc information requests;
- Take ownership of developing and maintaining the necessary systems to support this coordination; and
- Coordinate execution of contracts and grant agreements, and ensure the organisation is complying with its contractual obligations to donors.The Application Process
The Application Process
We want to be transparent about our process:
- we use this platform to enable anonymous reviews of applications, which means the hiring team will review your written answers to the questions that follow;
- we also recognise that some people do well at interviews while others do better at case studies, and this is why we employ both in our recruitment process. Therefore, successful candidates progress to a case study; and
- there will be at least one round of panel or 1:1 interviews after the case study for shortlisted candidates.
We may also require background/reference checks.
Please apply here.